Introduction to sensitive data (SD) services
Read more about the services: Choose a service
What is sensitive data
Sensitive data is defined as any information that is protected against unwarranted disclosure. Protection of data may be required for legal or ethical reasons, for issues pertaining to personal privacy, or for proprietary considerations. Read more about sensitive data from research.csc.fi
CSC's sensitive data services are available to:
- Researchers and students affiliated with Finnish higher education institutions (universities, universities of applied sciences)
- Research institutes and their international collaborators
- Using CSC services requires you to register a CSC account
Do you have any questions? Would you like to discuss a specific project?
- Contact us, subject: Sensitive Data
- Join the CSC Research User Support Coffee - Every Wednesday at 14:00.
- Our team is here to help, and we offer direct support. Don't hesitate to contact!
Links to services
We kindly request that users carefully read the instructions before proceeding to use the services to ensure a smooth experience.
- SD Desktop and SD Connect undergo regular maintenance on the first Wednesday of every month
- Please note that occasional urgent maintenance may also be required for technical or security reasons. In such cases, we will notify you via email
- All service breaks are scheduled on Service Breaks -website
About this user guide
This user guide introduces CSC's Sensitive Data (SD) services
- To navigate the user guide, click on the left-hand side navigation bar or the quick links from this page
- Right side of each page has a table of content for faster browsing
- The search tool is also available at the top bar