Known problems and limitations
- Instance snapshots sometimes fail. This leaves the instance in
the suspended state. To work round this issue we recommend users
power off their VM before taking a snapshot.
- Child instances launched using the snapshot of existing parent
instance does not have security group predefined as of parent
instance, please select the appropriate security group for
child instances before launching them.
- Resizing inside a flavor family (so within standard.*) is
possible except for IO flavors. Resizing between flavor
families mostly do not work because of the different storage
backends. If you use a volume for the root disk then some resizes
between flavor families work. If you use a image for root disk
then it's possibly dangerous. Always test resizes with a VM you
can spare first. If your virtual machines end up in an "error"
state please contact us if this happens.
- Network: It's possible to add the same floating IP to multiple
instances using the API. There is no warning or error. The last
API call is the one which takes effect.
- EC2 is not supported at this time. EC2 credentials can however be
used with the Object Storage.